Ya Wanna SANTA MARIA Grill???

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
you can have one AND keep your Weber.

1282.jpg

1280.jpg

1281.jpg

found at this web site → http://www.chaneysgrills.com/grills&smokers.htm

I have mental plans for one I dreamed up years and years ago. just never got around to making one. mine is simpler and lighter for sure. but I do like that they did bother to make one for the weber.

Not a bad idea. 200 bucks is lot to add to a 150 dollar grill. Not that it's not worth it. By the time I bought material stock,cutting disc,grinding wheels,beer,welding wire,argon,paint,cable,and band-aids. I would be way over 200 bucks. One day I will add a santa maria to the collection...Speaking of! If anyone is looking for a built in(no cart) duel 25K BTU'S Natual gas fired santa maria. I have a brand new one. Never installed. Team deal for members.(model# BFG30GN) Sorry Jim, didn't mean to hi jack your thread.

I think many of us (including ME:rolleyes:) are, maybe, just a little bit goofy! I don't say this to offend, just stating something I kind of believe. I'm a perfect example. Just look at my signature and with all of that equipment on a small patio, the Santa Maria Grill (a real one) kind of appeals to me. However, I have put my foot down! I will NOT buy one. I will NOT buy one. I will NOT buy one....

I'm REALLY not going to buy one. I am DONE with buying new grills. However, I must say I LOVE what I have and will NOT be getting rid of any of them.

I had some friends and family over the other night and my wife and I served them pulled pork (did two 9.0 lb Boston Butts in the 18.5 WSM a couple of days before, then pulled, vacuum packed and froze), home made cole slaw, a couple of sides, and dessert was my wife's prize winning apple pie ala mode. Oh, I forgot, appetizers were ABT's. By doing the smoking ahead, I got to spend quality time with the crowd. That's my typical game plan. Of course, when you do that, you don't get to dazzle the guests with your grill/smoker expertise (I just let the food make MY statement;)).

It was a really nice evening with family and friends around the table eating GOOD BBQ - what could be better?

P.S. Back on topic - James, contrary to the comments above, I thoroughly enjoyed your post (I am NOT going to buy one, I am not-t-t...)

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link Chris, after talking to Harry and seeing the YouTube video I pulled the trigger for the 22". I'll post my reaction to the Gabby Grill after a few cooks. Again, thanks Chris.

Bill

Back