Party Q, anyone using it??

J E Rice

TVWBB Member
Just ordered the BBQ Guru ParyQ device for the WSM18, how well does it hold temp, and how long does the batteries last? any info would be appreciated...............Just realized, this should have been in the auto temp control area..sorry.

Last edited:
I use one with my WSM 18 sometimes. It holds temps very well. Battery life is OK, but someone posted a battery eliminator conversion here a while back that makes it a non-issue:

battery eliminator

Last edited:
Thanks Carl, clicked on the item, amazon says not available but the idea looks good, if I have batt issues I'll look into this further

I had no clue that the party Q didn't have an external power source. I chose the IQ110, and am using a battery pack, but have the regular AC adapter in case...

The party Q was my second option....

I have the older style PartyQ and it works great. It is simple and has minimum amount of wires dangling around. I use rechargeable batteries and put a fresh set in before each cook. They last for an entire butt or brisket cook for me. One big thing you do to save batteries is to let the smoker come up to temperature naturally or else the fan will blow constantly and really wear down the batteries when it is first coming up to temperature.

I got one last summer for my 18.5 WSM and it works quite well. I use rechargable batteries and have had no problem with the battery life. My PartyQ is easy to set and once everything settles in, it holds the temp steady. No more anxious hovering over the cooker and messing with the vents!

I guess I'm not a party Q kinda guy, sold mine to a dude in Oklahoma, Thanks for the replies, I just couldn't adapt.

Back