Texas > Richardson: Ten 50 BBQ

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
http://www.ten50bbq.com/

I did not see a post on this spot so figured I do a very brief write up. This joint opened a few months ago by the guy that founded Chilis. You stand in line outside to choose your meat. You let them know what you want and they slice it in front of you. They offered lean or moist brisket, pork ribs, turkey, chicken, two kinds of sausage (cheddar jalapeño and traditional) and "torpedoes". The torpedoes were bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with chicken. As you are waiting in line to get your meat which on a Friday afternoon took me about 15 minutes you walk by their their pits. According to the wood they had on hand they use oak, mesquite and hickory. Once you get your meats you move inside where you go down a line and choose your sides. As recommended by The Bbq snob, Daniel Vaughn, I had to try the onion rings and banana pudding. You pay at the end of the line and eat.

I went with fatty brisket, and regular sausage as my meats and on the side had an order of onion rings and banana pudding. They had two types of sauce "Carolina style" and "house sauce". Carolina was a little more runny but good but I did prefer the house sauce. The food was fantastic. The brisket had a very nice bark and seemed to melt in your mouth. When done right the fatty side of the brisket is the best part and man they nailed it. Very nicely rendered fat. Sausage was good. Cooked very well. I am not an onion ring guy but I have never had better onion rings in my life. They thinly sliced the onions and lightly battered them in a very heavily seasoned batter. Bold statement but maybe the best fried food I have ever had? You always get bonus points in my book if a bbq joint offers cherry coke and they did. The banana pudding was better then average. They use graham cracker on top instead of vanillin wafers.

Overall I would say its worth the trip just for the onion rings alone! The rest is great as well.

BARK

Great rings!

Last edited:
I made a return trip today. Everything I said above still holds true. I would recommend stopping by.

Brisket on the cutting board. The dark crust was good but I got a few pieces that were from the side of the point and it had more bark then meat which wasn't the best. When the guy put that bad boy on the cutting board it was very "jiggly." I always try to get that jiggly piece of meat on a brisket but rarely achieve a similar result!

The piece on the very bottom was basically bark and smoke ring. no middle of the meat.

Last edited:

Back