Bottom fit of IMUSA to SJS bowl?

Mickey M

Closed Account
Bottom fit of IMUSA pot to SJS bowl?

I have searched for a description of how snug the bottom of a IMUSA should be relatve to the SJS bowl and found nothing.

Would someone please be kind enough to describe what constitutes a good or at least adequate fit.

I looked at EVERY topic posted on ALL 17 pages and found nothing that addressed this particular topic. I don't doubt the info is buried somewhere but I just don't have time to open every topic and read every individual post contained in the topics.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The adequate fit is how the lid of the smokey Joe will fit on the pot. On mine I had to make minor adjustments with some pliers.

Tony,

I'm all set as far as the lid goes.

What I'm wondering about is the fit of the bottom of the pot to the SJS bowl where the charcoal goes.

I can get the bottom of the pot to sit evenly on the SJS bowl but if i push on one side or other of the top of the pot, it kind of slides around and the other side of the pot's bottom rises up.

should this bottom fit be tighter or is this "normal" for this build? If it needs to be tighter, what's a good way to accomplish a tighter fit?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I guess the IMUSA pot isn't as ideal as the other pot, but apparently the other pot isn't available anymore

I've thought about drilling through my pot and my SJ bottom, and put a bolt through in, basically making the two pieces one. You could probably use a wing nut if you think you'll still use your SJ as a SJ grill. I would think 3 should do it

On all of my Mini pots (4) I bolt the lid from the pot to the bottom of the pot. (note I have since started riveting the lids to the bottom, not bolting). This allows the pot to sit on the rim of the base and not in the base itself. This also allows you to stack pots if you want.

8635426567_8956542ea5_b.jpg

8218982177_bc78698b1b_b.jpg

8636533374_f49ecefdb6_b.jpg

I'm sure he stacks his at least two high, and if anyone could get a successful cook four high, it would be Case

Attaching the lid to the bottom of the pot is a great idea. I just completed my first build this weekend and was wondering what to do with the lid.

Back