WSM Enclosures that WORKED (and maybe didn't)!

aMikeK

I've been worming my way around and around looking for 'crib' for my wsm - a place for it to live and protect it from the elements while smokin' and while restin'... Seen some great stuff here on builds that have came from the ground up. See --- hat's off for the great ideas and thanks for sharing. This is one of the best I've found, but...

Kind of wondering, does anyone have an enclosure that has celebrated a birthday or 2? By definition, anyone here is a tinkerer and lean heavily on the Mother (of invention that is). What worked? And, more importantly perhaps - certainly for our insurance co's - what didn't work?? I think of those Darwin awards.

Lot of humor here and I blame it all on my upbringing. But, hoping that we can share what we learned good/bad/indifferent. One rule, there will be no judgment on things that didn't work. What you say here, stays here. If you're embarrassed by something, just start off with, 'My neighbor, the one with the Pinto wagon, did the craziest thing and here's how it turned out...' We'll know but not judge.:eek:

Here's what I've been looking at over on Wood Magazine. The thing that I like is that it has a concrete top in the plans inside - very doable. It is made for a kettle but could be enclosed. Again, just thinking.. (got pick from bbq brethren but the thread didn't go too far).
oqpblwf

What ya got? (I have a naked wsm 18 lol).

Mike

Those ideas and that other thread with a similar setup makes me want to buy a 26 1/2" and build one of those for it...DIY Performer...

Back