Sliding in from Texas...

Patrick K

I've been smoking meats for a long time (more than 30 years) on my stick burner and just recently purchased a WSM. I really liked the idea of a mobile smoker solution that the WSM affords as opposed to having to heave that 350 pound stick burner into my my truck for camp outs, etc. Just for grins last weekend I smoked 2 racks of baby backs on my stick burner and 2 racks of baby backs on my new (Virgin) WSM. Both cooks were really, really good. The big difference was the amount of fuel I used for each cook. Naturally the stick burner ate up a lot of fuel, whereas the little WSM only used a very manageable portion of KB and a few hickory chunks... perfect! In fact, I'm so thrilled with the results I will certainly use the WSM at home as much or more than the stick burner. I was thrilled to find the Virtual Weber Site and Bulletin board. Man, there is a wealth of information here that will help me break my stick burner addiction :D and get me going on my new smoker. Looking forward to hangin with you good folks.

Back