Cajun Bandit Stacker for 18.5 WSM

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm considering a CB Stacker for my 18.5 WSM.
Anyone have one?
How do you like it?
Does fuel consumption increase?
How long to heat up?
How tall is it?
Etc.
TIA, Bob

I did a search... not many comments on a CB Stacker for the 18.5.

I have one- I use it to hang ribs and don't really watch fuel consumption. Temp wise I haven't noticed a time increase. Overall it lets me do what I want it to do.

Do you find that your WSM with the stacker behaves like a Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)?

Not me. I don't have one. That's why i posted.
Have questions.
My thoughts... the WSM offers much more in regards to temp control/fire management.
Curious as to if extending the length of the cooking chamber is beneficial.

We have one for the 22 that we use when cooking a lot of meat, and generally pork butts. That's the only advantage I can see from it.

Cooked with the Cajun Bandit Stacker for this first time this weekend on my 18.5 WSM. Very pleased with the performance. I don't cook with the water pan that comes with the WSM, instead I take the ash catcher that sits under the unit and use it as a heat shield. Picked up this tip from Harry Soo in a class a took a couple years back. This allows you to maximize the amount of charcoal you load into the cooker. Lit using Minion Method and used the bottom cooking grate as a water pan/grease catcher. Cooked three butts on the top rack and the stacker until the stall, then wrapped each one and removed water pan from bottom shelf and let each butt have it's own shelf until the finish. Came out great. I started with only one bottom vent open and ran around 250 for 7 hours, then opened things up added some more charcoal and picked up about 25 degrees. Sorry, no pictures. Maybe next time. But to stay on topic I'd say this is worth the $164 (price shipped) and is much better than the other stacker that was on the market a few years back from Pro Q. I had one of those and it was nowhere near the quality of this one from Cajun Bandit.

FWIW... Wal-Mart has been clearing out the WSM 18s for $199, which isn't much more to than the stacker, and you have another WSM.

Back