Where to Buy

kmurray

Does anyone have experience at buying a weber gas grill as Ace, Lowes, or Home Depot? I want to buy a Genesis E-310 and want the place where I buy it from to put it together (I don't trust myself to do it)! I want to make sure that whoever puts it together did it properly and if there are any issues I can go back to them for them to fix it. Thanks!

Is there a place that specializes in grills in your area? Around here it's an Ace store that has a separate building as a grill showroom and they carry tons of grill parts and accessories. That would be your best bet.
Either way, it's a crap shoot.

There are change of address packets at the post offices around here (realtor friend) that have a 10% off coupon to Lowes which Home Depot will honor---(I used one for a lawn mower and a welder).

I'd recommend getting @ Home Depot because of the Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Grates (PCI grates).... I like those 'cause that's what I have and know...but anyway that's JMO.

What color are you getting?

I would suggest getting one from Ace so you could get the EP310, which has stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates for only $50 more.

Just buy it and put it together. It's so easy a caveman can do it!

^^That^^ is what I would do. Second is what Greg suggested. Find a store that specializes. Around here, it's a True Value hardware store. Really though, there is not much to put together. The important parts like the gas valves are all set. The main thing you're putting together is the cabinet.

Got my S-330 from Lowes. It was pre-assembled as it was the last one they had / demo. Got a 10% discount due to that. Noticed a ding in one of the doors, so they took another 10% off. Registered it with Weber, mentioned the door, sent them a photo, and they sent me a replacement. Still have it in the garage some where...

Ace is our local place that has several models. Will probably buy from there if I don't find one on Craigslist.

It's very difficult to get discounts on the Weber grills because they have fixed minimum prices no matter where you get them. That's why the only cheaper ones are usually demos....I bought a Genesis EP-330 in Smoke Grey from the local appliance store on tax free day a few years ago...the best deal they could do was $50 off if I assemble it and they threw in a weber grill cover. There is a youtube video where they guy goes through every single step to put it together...I went slow and steady and it still only took about an hour and the best part is I know each part now, where they go and have confidence I could fix/replace anything that goes wrong.
They are from this guy

Stay away from the big box stores. I've seen a lot of grills in their stores NOT properly assembled. Sometimes you'll see guys that are all "thumbs" trying to put them together.

Try to find a specialty dealer in your area. They probably will be offering the Special Edition Genesis for $50.00 more that will have SS grates and SS flavorizer bars. The one in my area had that offering, assembled it free and also delivered it for free.

My local Ace Hardware stocks plenty of grills and will assemble and deliver free of charge. Personally, I like to assemble my own products so you know everything is correct. I wanted a Performer Platinum in copper and they ordered it for me, got it 2 days later. They even got me the silicone grommet for my 18.5 WSM when Weber wouldn't sell me one, didn't even charge me for it. In the market for a gasser and will buy it from them if I can't find a good one on CL.

Back