OTG third leg (non wheel) cap.

I think you should take a measurement and head to Lowes. They have a decent selection of odd ball hardware like that.

You could go to ereplacementparts.com or Weber but compared to the low price of the item, I think shipping cost would kill you.

Thanks for the input. Heading to the hardware store was my plan. Just wanted to know if anyone was a step ahead of me and knew exactly what to look for.

You can find proper replacements but if its function over fashion you want, i'm pretty sure i used a cap from a soda bottle or some other plastic bottle on short notice once. check the recycling bin, you may save yourself a trip to the store. Authentic replacements are available and Ace hardware carries too i believe.

home depot and lowes sells rubber crutch tips or rubber caps for furniture legs. They fit well but do not match up to the look of the caps. ereplacements sells the actual weber ones but they are like $5 plus shipping.

flip it upside down, ball up some paper towel or something & press it down the tube, and squirt some shoe goo in there & build it up a bit on the outside. Hot glue would probably work too.

I got tired of replacing mine so I added a third wheel back in 08.
grill.jpg

grill6.jpg

Grill1.jpg

Tim

I think member George Curtis said that the caps from small propane bottles fit pretty well.

They do! I would have bet they were too small, but I just went and popped one on. It seems to fit snugger/better than the original part.

My original cap fell off and got lost. A replacement started falling off right away; also lost. Fortunately, I keep the propane bottles around for my patio heater, so now I have a full supply of caps.

I used a hacksaw to cut a slit, then crimped the opening to a smaller diameter, applied JB weld to the inside of the cap and screwed/forced it onto the leg. Here are my results..

I just used a 1" diameter black rubber chair leg cap. Sure, it doesn't look "factory", but it's non-slip and I got 4 of them for $2.50. Now I just need to find a 3-legged chair to use the rest of the pack. Or three more OTSs or OTGs.

Back