Converting Weber Q 2000 to Q 2200

Gareth B

Hey guys hoping for some help / advice.

I purchased a Q 2000 without doing proper research and wished I had gotten the 2200, I have seen a few people had changed their 200's to 220's but I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase the 2200 lid to replace mine, I emailed Weber but they wanted to know serial numbers for my BBQ which obviously will come back as the Q 2000, is there anywhere online that people know of that sell the lids that I can easily order online with as I am currently away from home and would like to have it on the door step when I arrive back in 2 weeks? also is it easy to swap the lids out? I actually haven't looked at the back of mine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey guys hoping for some help / advice.

I purchased a Q 2000 without doing proper research and wished I had gotten the 2200, I have seen a few people had changed their 200's to 220's but I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase the 2200 lid to replace mine, I emailed Weber but they wanted to know serial numbers for my BBQ which obviously will come back as the Q 2000, is there anywhere online that people know of that sell the lids that I can easily order online with as I am currently away from home and would like to have it on the door step when I arrive back in 2 weeks? also is it easy to swap the lids out? I actually haven't looked at the back of mine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I thought Q200 & Q220 are the same, except Q220 has the thermometer. I purchased an use Q200 few years ago and added the thermometer from Ebay for $8. If don't mine little larger size, I would suggest go with older model Genesis Silver A 2 burners. The paint on my Q200 peel off and the handle already melt. I love my old Genesis Silver A, but need extra heat and end up purchased 3 burners. If you refer Q220 or Q2200, check out Craigslist. I bought my Q200 only $60 with folding cart.

The hood on a 200 is slightly shallower and no thermo, the 220 has a taller hood and a thermo

I did a quick look on All Parts for your lid and didn't see a 220 lid. Maybe check Craigslist for a parts only 220 and salvage the lid. Good Luck!!! like "L" says, the lid is a little taller and with the addition of a thermometer, perhaps order a thermometer from Amazon and use your original lid.

I did a quick look on All Parts for your lid and didn't see a 220 lid. Maybe check Craigslist for a parts only 220 and salvage the lid. Good Luck!!! like "L" says, the lid is a little taller and with the addition of a thermometer, perhaps order a thermometer from Amazon and use your original lid.

Thanks for looking, I couldn't find it either :( I have ordered a Maverick ET733 to cover off the thermometer part but I guess I will be stuck with the more shallow lid until I can maybe find one at a later date.

Thanks guys

Gareth,it is my experience that you don't need the higher lid for the 200 series. The temp gauge is e main difference. I think that part of the reason for the higher lid is so the tail of the temperature probe doesn't interfere or make contact with the meat. I can cook 2 x 4 lb (1.8Kg) in the Q200.
The temperature gauge is good as you can tell at a glance if the Q is working as it should.

Cheers

the taller lid is for doing whole chickens and large chunks of meat. if you don't plan on doing that then don't loose sleep over it. I have a q220 and have never really needed the space.

No. First the body is WAY smaller than the 2000/200 series and the 1400 is electric and the lid and body are specially designed to trap and hold heat more efficiently than the gas versions

Back