Please Stop Me From Buying a 14 WSM!

Tom Golden

TVWBB Pro
Went into the local Home Depot. Dang. There's ONE 14 WSM for $150. I already have an 18 and a Cookshack Elite. I do not need another, do I??

I love my little cooker. It lives in the RV and I really enjoy it. It is also used as overflow at home. Go for it!

Stop you? Phtt! If I lived near you, I'd give a lift to HD to pick it up!! ;)
I love my little smoker!

Edit: Of course you NEED one! :D

Last edited:
That's a tough one, the 18" is really good but a 14" would be nice. I have the 18" and I'd probably get a 22" and use my charcoal ring from my 18"

I built a mini, used it a lot, but lately I've only used the smokey Joe and not the pot

I found one brand new in box for $100. That was 3+ months ago.

It's still in the box. Yep - would do it all over again. :D

I have an 18.5", a 14.5, and a Mini-Joe. I use the 14.5 more than both of the others. However, I will NOT be getting rid of any of them. I WILL be using the 18.5, just been having fun with the 14.5 for my smaller smokes.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Just go buy it Tom. It is very handy to have that size for cooks that are not huge, and it travels very well too.

I just picked up an 18.5 and have a SJ mini. I like the 18.5 and I'm starting to get a feel for it but when it comes to cooking for two people or small cooks I'll take the mini every time just because it uses 1/3 the charcoal the 18.5 uses. Plus I have the mini on a homemade cart and it's so much easier to move around and also to clean.

Get it. I thought the 14.5 would be a novelty that would collect dust in the RV. Boy was I wrong. 22.5 collects dust now unless I'm cooking ribs or a large family cook. The 14.5 is awesome and just the right size for most my needs!

For $150 you do! I'm still trying to convince the wife that i need one. Got a 22.5"wsm, and a 18.5"wsm. So naturally i need the 14.5"wsm to complete the set! Like Russian nesting dolls!

Nah... it is still on the shelf at the local HD, taunting me. The CFO said we don't need another smoker. Sure - like some people don't need another pair of shoes! :) I think I might be on the hunt for another 18 WSM so at least all the accessories from my current one will fit. Or one day the 14 will just happen to drop into my cart. :)

Tom, that little cooker is looking to you to provide it's new home. It NEEDS you. I've got a model 55, had an 18.5 wsm (departed) and my 14.5. Love the baby WSM - perfect for most uses. You need to pull the trigger. You NEED to. :)

Back