An Aussie in USA

Gareth B

G'day everyone

Little bit about myself, obviously I am from Australia but now living in Seattle since June this year, in Aus I had a weber charcoal kettle and a genesis but mainly used my charcoal for cooking. Even though I live in Seattle I still work in Australia on a 3 week on 3 week off roster with lots on flying back and forth.

Since moving to Seattle we are living in an apartment so I have only got a Weber Q 2000 but wishing I did a bit more research and got the 2200.

I have done a bit of cooking on it but nothing special so far, but will start doing some experimenting with it down the track a bit.

Anyway I look forward to posting some pictures and learning lots of everyone here.

Gareth

Welcome Gareth! Whatever you do, don't become a seahawk fan, it's a slow miserable death sentence :)

G'day everyone

Little bit about myself, obviously I am from Australia but now living in Seattle since June this year, in Aus I had a weber charcoal kettle and a genesis but mainly used my charcoal for cooking. Even though I live in Seattle I still work in Australia on a 3 week on 3 week off roster with lots on flying back and forth.

Since moving to Seattle we are living in an apartment so I have only got a Weber Q 2000 but wishing I did a bit more research and got the 2200.

I have done a bit of cooking on it but nothing special so far, but will start doing some experimenting with it down the track a bit.

Anyway I look forward to posting some pictures and learning lots of everyone here.

Gareth

Welcome Gareth! Where are you flying into? When I go down under it's a 16-16.5 hour flight non-stop, it is the longest scheduled commercial flight in the world! DFW-SYD You must be going through LAX or SIN?

Welcome to the group Gareth. Hope you still have that kettle to give you a charcoal fix when your back home.

Welcome to the group Gareth. Hope you still have that kettle to give you a charcoal fix when your back home.

Certainly do, I have all of my Weber goodies sitting in Australia, I couldn't part with them when we sold up to move.

But if/when we move back I will stock up on some more Weber products to ship back.

Back