Gasket question...

GBShort

for those that have purhased the gasket kits with the adhesive, how have they faired when getting wet? I've used the egg gaskets and once they get wet and heat up for a few days while wet they seem to just come right off. what has been the experience of those with the gaskets applied with the red adhesive available in the gasket kits? has moisture caused any issues with the adhesion or caused the gasket to degrade at all? anyone gotten any mold on their gasket? any issues with that?

I have the gaskets and don't think I have ever got them wet, well, maybe a sprinkle or two as I opened the lid to grab some meat if it was raining. Have to figure that as hot as it gets and for as long as it is hot, any moisture would steam away.

NOW I m afraid!
I have the gasket. I have the red silicone. My gasket was wet so many times I can't remember. Its still perfectly on! But Im afraid it could happen something.....

NOW I m afraid!
I have the gasket. I have the red silicone. My gasket was wet so many times I can't remember. Its still perfectly on! But Im afraid it could happen something.....

not sure you need to be afraid. I'm just wondering since the Egg gasket doesn't do well at all, not to mention the cover that I have doesn't do much to keep moisture out. I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep them dry if possible, tarp maybe.

When not in use, I have the cover over my WSM. Do you not have one?

I do have a cover but it doesn't do any good keeping the rain out. I think I'm going to get a tarp or something to try and keep them dry.

Last edited:

Back