New Thermoworks probe versions

Looks like Thermoworks updated their probes

main_feature_image_pro_series_ca_dot.jpg

Looks like it will be more durable at the wire/probe point and maybe more water resistant. No way of using a grommet/gromlet hole though.

Whoa! Man Thermoworks should just buy out HeaterMeter and make it their own product, because their probes are super sweet.

Cool! I sure hope these work better than the Maverick ET-72 probes I've been using (and destroying). I just ordered two meat probes (on sale for $7.50 each) and one of their pit probes.

Cool! I sure hope these work better than the Maverick ET-72 probes I've been using (and destroying). I just ordered two meat probes (on sale for $7.50 each) and one of their pit probes.

They are much better, they only issue I have with them is the cable length. I like the 6 feet length of mavericks. But, these are much better overall and thinner.

They are much better, they only issue I have with them is the cable length. I like the 6 feet length of mavericks. But, these are much better overall and thinner.
I have successfully made extension cords for Mavericks I'm sure you could do the same for these. Some speaker wire with mono plug and mono jack.

Pro-Series High Temp Cooking Probe, SS Overbraid (works only with ThermoWorks ChefAlarm or DOT)

Im guessing they're just referring to which of their products it works with, These will work fine with heatermeter

I bought a Chef Alarm and some of the other probes to test how accurate the HeaterMeter read to the real device. These probes are super sweet. They have spring strain relief on both ends of the connectors in addition to the plastic seal on the probe end.

They work fine but they don't exactly match what the chefalarm reports (off by a couple of degrees). I'm going to need to build some sort of automated correlation device using a webcam and SSOCR to get it perfect but I haven't dug into it yet.

They work fine but they don't exactly match what the chefalarm reports (off by a couple of degrees). I'm going to need to build some sort of automated correlation device using a webcam and SSOCR to get it perfect but I haven't dug into it yet.

The Maverick ones are killing me. Always some sort of issue with them. When you plug the Thermoworks ones in, can your plug them in all the way or do you have to fiddle with how far they go into the socket?

The Maverick ones are killing me. Always some sort of issue with them. When you plug the Thermoworks ones in, can your plug them in all the way or do you have to fiddle with how far they go into the socket?

Only the maverick ET-732 have the longer plug

I ordered two meat probes and a pit probe a couple of months ago when I saw this thread, and just tried them out on a brisket cook today. Oddly, the meat probe was registering very high (150F when the meat was just put in the kamado). I used the Thermoworks probe setting. Just to check my sanity, I also had a Maverick ET-73 probe inserted into the brisket and it read about 60F. So, something seems to be off with this. I also noted a rather high temp with the pit probe. So, I'm now just using a couple of ET-73 probes to control the cook. I would like to be able to use these, but thus far, it doesn't look good. Again, I used the Thermoworks setting on an HM4.1 using firmware version 20131007B. I know I should probably update the firmware, but I've just not gotten around to it. Does anyone know if these probes need different parameters than the built-in parameters for the Thermoworks probe?

I bought a high temp straight probe, the air probe, and have the 2 of the regular cooking probe and they all read properly. The built-in coefficients used to be wrong on older versions of linkmeter, I think back around the time of your firmware, so that would be your first step.

Or just switch to custom and use: 6.6853001e-04,2.2231022e-04,9.9680632e-08

EDIT: Yeah they were fixed on Oct 21 and you're on Oct 7. So close!

Last edited:
I bought a high temp straight probe, the air probe, and have the 2 of the regular cooking probe and they all read properly. The built-in coefficients used to be wrong on older versions of linkmeter, I think back around the time of your firmware, so that would be your first step.

Or just switch to custom and use: 6.6853001e-04,2.2231022e-04,9.9680632e-08

Thanks, Bryan. I do need to update the firmware on my HeaterMeter, but in the meantime, this will help.

Back