DX2...Round 3

JS Lockwood

A while ago I ordered up a DX2 from the fine folks at BBQ Guru. Got it and set the thing up and it worked like a champ the first couple times I used it. The third time I used it the unit locked up in the middle of an over-night cook. After trying many things to get it working nothing would get it to function. I contacted the company and Mike was very quick to respond and had me send back the entire unit (minus the blower adaptor).

When he responded back after receiving the unit and bench testing it I was surprised to hear that everything tested good. He suggested I try another outlet, surge protector, extension cord. I agreed and even went as far as replacing my usual outdoor outlet with a brand new one.

On the first cook after I received my DX2 back the same exact thing happened. I used different outlets, different extension cords, different surge protectors or none at all. Nothing helped. So off it went again. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see what the resolution will be.

Fingers crossed.

They need to swap it out it sounds like. Good luck and let us know. Mines luckily been doing ok.

Back