Noob question... hanging tools on your kettle

Tom Henderson

TVWBB Member
OK -- this will seem awfully basic to many of you.

I recently acquired a 22" OT, and I'm enjoying learning how to use it. But one thing... how do you hang your tools during a cook? Grill brush, tongs, burger flipper, etc.

I bought one of the $4 tool hangars (wire tool hooks that clip onto the kettle rim) and it hangs the tools OK, but has a tendency to get pulled off when I try to pull off a tool. Also, it won't fit under the cover.

SO... where do you hang your tools? Just learn to live with the two hooks on the handle? I don't have a table or other surface handy when I cook; the grill is kinda out by itself.

And where do you stow your tools when the kettle is under the cover?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom in SoCal

i just use the two hooks in each handle when i'm cooking.

when it's under the cover i keep them in the drawer in the kitchen.

but there is also the triangle on the bottom, i keep the chimney there when it's not in use.

Last edited:
I keep my tools in a basket, and when I go outside to either heat up a gasser or start the charcoal, I take my basket out with me, so I have everything I need in one place.

use one of these :thumbup: I do.

Weber 6431 Charcoal Grill Tool Holder

weber-style-tool-holder_3.jpg

I use the set aside table. I prefer not to use anything hanging from my kettle blocked between the lid and the body. This causes air liks and T rising.

Thanks everybody.

By far the best solution is a table next to the kettle... gonna have to pursue that.

Thanks!

Tom,

I had the same troubles with my OTS and came up with a brilliant solution if I say so myself....

wait for it ......

2irkklg.jpg

(Well, technically, I guess the good folks at Weber came up with it :p )

Dave-

My thoughts exactly!

Just gotta figure out how to sell the idea to the CFO...

-Tom in SoCal

Hahaha, in my world, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. But then again, I'm happily single.

Does she have anything that you could use as a grill table one time ? Get it nice and dirty and then later say "But honey, if I had one of these....."

Anyways, you could always pick up a Performer and sell the OTS. A straight forward asset exchange.

I have one of these sitting next to my grills and smoker. (This is not mine. I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of yellow Wellies.) I added a couple of large screw-in hooks on the end which can be used to hang grill brushes, and the cooking grate when it's off (I don't currently have a dog).
PottingBench.jpg

Last edited:

Back