High Temp Tape

Enrico Brandizzi

TVWBB Honor Circle
hi Guys
I've just got my BBQGURU DigiQ. Im planning to use with my 22 WSM.
I got in the box some tape to seal other holes in the vent ill use for the adapter.
But I would like to buy some more tape to Keep spare of.
Please, give me some good advices and links!
Best.
Enrico

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I'm in the market for an ATC that requires using high temp tape, and I plan on doing a test run before doing an actual cook.

check your local hardware store for some stainless hole blanks. I think 3/4" work. You could just close the other two vents and plug up the holes not used in the vent with the ATC, then use some of the supplied tape around the installed blower vent on the inside to ensure the air blows straight down.

I think the tape is there in case you want to install the DigiQ on a kettle, I don't think you will need the tape for your WSM, just close the vents.

I think the tape is there in case you want to install the DigiQ on a kettle, I don't think you will need the tape for your WSM, just close the vents.

I posted a question in another forum on this exact question, and I did not get a response. For the WSM, it's not necessary to use the tape?

I use the cold weather foil duct tape (believe 3M makes it). I have some leaks around seam where the bottom and mid sections connect. I just take a piece of the tape slightly longer that half the circumference. Use scissors to cut the tape in half length wise and seal the seam. The tape stays put and doesn't leave a residue after the cook is finished. I have cooked as high as 350 and it still sealed strong.

Dave

James-I have a CyberQ Wifi and a 22.5 WSM. When you say that the tape is not necessary on a WSM do you mean that you close the other 2 dampers and just hook up the blower and leave the other holes open? I haven't used my cyberq yet and was just wanting to verify that it will still hold and maintain perfect temp with the other holes untaped and/or unplugged?

Enrico-Thank you! I assume this works perfectly for you in holding temp where you want it. So you say they are called hole blanks and the size is 3/4 inch? Are you able to get them in and out pretty easily?

Enrico-Now that I think about it, what exactly are those things and where did you get them? They look perfect I have no idea what they are or what to ask for at the hardware store.

Enrico-Now that I think about it, what exactly are those things and where did you get them? They look perfect I have no idea what they are or what to ask for at the hardware store.

I've seen them in Home Depot - they are used for putting a cap on electrical box knockouts.

Thanks Alex...so I guess I will hit the electrical isle. Hopefully between showing them the pic and telling them what they are used for, I"ll get the right thing. It's an awesome idea. I've thought about maybe nuts and bolts but MAN that would need to be a large bolt. I"m thinking stainless steel or even brass might work (brass unused cartridge casing might be good but you would have to guess the right caliber and I have no idea what that might be).

Back