Simple Modification for Q100 & Q200 to accept regular 16.4 oz Propane Bottles

Mike in Sacramento

TVWBB Member
I'm not sure the exact model numbers of the two Q grills I have, but they are older and were made to accept only the skinny 14.1 oz propane bottles. I believe my grills are Q100 and a Q200 - the stickers on both are long gone. I normally use a hose to a 5 gallon tank, but I wanted to be able to use a regular 16.4oz propane bottle if needed.

It's a simple mod. For the Q100, I just bent the bracket so that one side would still screw in underneath in its original spot and the other side would be screwed in on top at the handle. The wire is a a little stiff, but nothing a vise and some pliers couldn't easily handle.

Here's the Q100 modification:

For the Q200, I did the same thing as the Q100, but the handle is too wide to attach the end of the bracket, so I just used a zip tie. I know, it's not the best, but it works!

Best thing of both these is that it was free! I can now use regular 16.4 oz propane bottles on the rare occasion that I need to.

I just used some metal strapping and screwed that to the body. not perfect but it works. not sure its really needed as long as you don't travel with the bottle connected. not a good idea anyway.

Back