Flattened Pork Tenderloin

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Went with Chris A's method.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54048-Pork-Tenderloin-Steaks

Except I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder instead of rub, plus no bbq sauce.
IMGP1104.JPG

Gave it a little brushing of Woosty/lemon juice mix after browning.
IMGP1105.JPG

Lump for fuel, no wood.
IMGP1110.JPG

IMGP1112.JPG

A little butter on top for the rest period.
IMGP1111.JPG

Served with zukes, onions, and mushrooms, topped with garlic butter browned Panko crumbs.
IMGP1118.JPG

IMGP1119.JPG

Yes, it looks pretty pink, but was pulled at 140 and was perfectly cooked.
Jo gave it a Yummy!

It's hump day folks, get over it. ;)

I look at the pink then back to rhe Title.mit says pork! Back to the pink and again to the Title. It looks so good, but I'm afraid!

Thanks everyone!

I look at the pink then back to rhe Title.mit says pork! Back to the pink and again to the Title. It looks so good, but I'm afraid!
Enrico, it looks a little more pink than it was, probably need to see if my camera is set to vivid.
145F is perfectly safe for pork, and this was at 140 before tenting for the rest.

http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html

"Any cooked, uncured red meats – including pork – can be pink, even when the meat has reached a safe internal temperature"

Bob, they look great, I have been cooking mine the same but I run them up to 150 because the missus wouldn't eat them that pink. I'm going to try the pat of butter at the rest, I do that for steaks.

It looks great! Yes 140 - 145f is right, everything else is wrong. I don't mind pink, I love juicy pork tenderloin. Nicely done mate. It's on my list this way, for sure.
Maybe it's time to calibrate Thermapen / Pentax?;)

It looks great! Yes 140 - 145f is right, everything else is wrong. I don't mind pink, I love juicy pork tenderloin. Nicely done mate. It's on my list this way, for sure.
Maybe it's time to calibrate Thermapen / Pentax?;)
yes, Pentax of course, and they never need calibrating.:p
most all shots lately with the compact MX-1.
the K5 is getting dusty.:(

Sometimes mine comes out like that and I do a double take and re-check temp. But it's right and it is delicious as I am sure that plate was my friend, very nice!

You only live once
a little bad pink will kill ya if she's been around the block too many times
if it's pork pink, relax and eet delicious Bob prepared goodness!
Looks Fantastic buddy!!!

Nice...somehow I missed this one Bob!! Looks super...steaks look perfect and veggies have a new twist I may have to try!!

Well done Bob (meat was med rare!!) post was well done!!

Well between you and Chris A. I'm convinced. Going to give it a try, your plate looks perfect Bob!

Back