Master Touch available for 2015 lineup

Nice that they're bringing it back.
I picked up a redhead from CL recently.
Haven't fired her up yet.

IMGP1022.JPG

IMGP1026.JPG

also comes with the Gourmet grate, that's $35 alone, added to the normal price of $150 for the OTG and it looks like a real bargain.

• Gourmet BBQ System hinged cooking grate
  • Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher

There is no doubt that the Master Touch is a step up from my OTG. However, If I were presented with this choice today, I would DEFINITELY go with a Performer. You NEED a work table with a grill. By the time you buy the Weber Work Table, you're close to the price of a Peformer. After using my CL Performer with gas start that would also be part of my choice - the gas start (I use with a chimney) is worth it's weight in gold (pun intended:rolleyes:)...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

There is no doubt that the Master Touch is a step up from my OTG. However, If I were presented with this choice today, I would DEFINITELY go with a Performer. You NEED a work table with a grill. By the time you buy the Weber Work Table, you're close to the price of a Peformer. After using my CL Performer with gas start that would also be part of my choice - the gas start (I use with a chimney) is worth it's weight in gold (pun intended:rolleyes:)...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Got to agree with Robert, although the Master Touch is a good value, I would spend the extra money to get the gas assist performer if I was in the $200+ range.

Got to agree with Robert, although the Master Touch is a good value, I would spend the extra money to get the gas assist performer if I was in the $200+ range.

By all means, I agree as well as I already own a Performer, and am thinking about picking up the Master Touch to complement it side by side for bigger cooks. It would stand to the right of the performer, and share its table. Be careful though, that charcoal bin opens up and melts on the grill beside it, I've done it on accident lol.

I can't wait to order this thing.

BTW - the new "Deluxe" Performers will also come with the newer ash catcher, handle heat shield, and the table will actually be a dark, painted metal surface. These will retail for $399.

No new additions to the 26.75, besides the new style ash catcher.

No new colors for the new lineup.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin; bummer. I was hoping for a big brother performer for 2015. Oh well. I'll just have to get it as a kettle.

You and me both dude! Love the 26.75, as my father in law has one, but the legs are kinda flimsy for this big of a grill; a cart configuration would be prime.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my 22" Performer fits thru my garage side door just perfectly, the 26.75" obviously would not. I'm sure this is not the only show stopper, but market demand, steep price tag (probably around $500), and other factors.

Last edited:
I think the new master touch looks pretty cool. I'll never convince my wife that it's necessary, so OTS I've converted to OTG it is.

No new additions to the 26.75, besides the new style ash catcher.

BOOOOOOO ON WEBER! Come on another 22.5. Big deal it has longer legs. How darn many combinations do you need for the same size grill. Why Mr. Weber Why do you hate the 26.75 like you do? I beg you please give the grand 26.75 what she needs...a stainless steel cart, charcoal holder and propane assist. Thought this was the year for the 26 inch performer...guess not. I'm sad now. Guess I'll have to fire up my 26 and let her know that maybe, just maybe she'll have a new sister...next year :D

BOOOOOOO ON WEBER! Come on another 22.5. Big deal it has longer legs. How darn many combinations do you need for the same size grill. Why Mr. Weber Why do you hate the 26.75 like you do? I beg you please give the grand 26.75 what she needs...a stainless steel cart, charcoal holder and propane assist. Thought this was the year for the 26 inch performer...guess not. I'm sad now. Guess I'll have to fire up my 26 and let her know that maybe, just maybe she'll have a new sister...next year :D

Weber seems to be motivated by customer demand late again, as in the case of the "Mini" smokers built using a Smokey Joe. Their reaction came way late and they have missed many potential sales by pricing it much to high for what you get. So maybe a do it yourself 26.75 Performer movement needs to show them what the customer really wants before they are spurred into action late once again leading from behind. Hey Weber, lose the holding group mentality and think like what George might have done. Duh.

I like everything except where the vent is now. More colors would be nice. Can't wait to see the new performers. While having a work table is very nice, some people don't have the space for it, already have a table, or don't want to spend over $200. First time buyers may be reluctant to spend $300 plus at first. Once they have a Weber we all know they will feel it's worth the extra cost.

I want to add if the new MT really comes with all the extra listed it will be a great value at $200 ($199 list price?). It makes sense for Weber to include the GBS ready cooking grate; it will help sell more accessories and the extra cost is included in the new price.

Last edited:
I like everything except where the vent is now. More colors would be nice. Can't wait to see the new performers. While having a work table is very nice, some people don't have the space for it, already have a table, or don't want to spend over $200. First time buyers may be reluctant to spend $300 plus at first. Once they have a Weber we all know they will feel it's worth the extra cost.

I want to add if the new MT really comes with all the extra listed it will be a great value at $200 ($199 list price?). It makes sense for Weber to include the GBS ready cooking grate; it will help sell more accessories and the extra cost is included in the new price.

Tyson,

Fantastic observation on the new vent location, I totally missed that. Might not make that much of difference, but definitely will be a big change with charcoal/food placement. Thank you for pointing that out man.

After checking our inventory, it appears the new Performers have the same vent/therm location as well. Furthermore, looking at the stock Performer pic, it shows the vent facing the front, and the therm towards the back, very strange indeed.

It's possible the pics are off with the new config, but I doubt it.

Here it is:

2015Performer_zps7f372c3d.jpg

Last edited:

Back