Oversize cover, will it work??

J E Rice

TVWBB Member
I got an 18 WSM with the hinge and middle section handles mods, the cover that came with it is now too small of course, has anyone tried to use a 22WSM cover to get over the mods, like to know before getting one, thanks..

Joe, I think the 22 is going to be way to big and will surly hang down to the ground, which is not good as it will trap moisture if it can't breath. I think Brinkman makes a bullet smoker as I've seen their covers, don't know if it's bigger or not.

Joe, I think the 22 is going to be way to big and will surly hang down to the ground, which is not good as it will trap moisture if it can't breath. I think Brinkman makes a bullet smoker as I've seen their covers, don't know if it's bigger or not.

I never consider this issiue. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks, I solved the problem, cleared out a spot in a room next to porch, keeping it inside along with my OTG22 and a Cabelas propane smoker.

I cut open the side seam on the 18" cover and glued in a triangular piece of a very similar material to make the cover large enough to clear the handles on the side:
WSMCover2.jpg

The glue used for PVC water pipes works well for this material but you have to work fast because it dries so quickly. "Seal All" would probably work, too.

I have a over sized cover on one of my gasser. I just used Velcro. Turned cover inside out and used the sticky backed Velcro every 6 inches or so..worked like a charm!

Back