First Annual Southern New England Kosher BBQ Championship -Sunday, September 7, 2014

Folks, if youre around the CT Fairfield area this Sunday, please stop by!

This will be my Fourth Competition!!!

""Its unique that its a 100% kosher event, the organizers provide the smokers ( all Weber of course, 2 one touch silver 22.5 per team) and the meat most if not all ingredients (they give you a list to pick from and anything not on it you have to buy and it needs to be certified kosher) they also provide all the utensils.

Its a great challenge for the cooks as everyone is on a level playing field."

Would love to meet some of you guys!!! 3:30 is awards and 1pm is last turn in. After 1, I can prob shmooze, although im sure ill be exhausted!!!

Wish me luck!

This last month in KC was the first time I ever used butcher paper....I liked how it turned out although the judges not so much...and now I see its posted! Its a great aid!!

Thank you, I think it worked.

Well, to update all of you. This is the first time I used butcher paper to wrap my brisket, albeit it was not pink.

We walked away with 4th in Chili, second in ribs and second in brisket and overall Grand Champion!! It was a nice day!!!

Never would I ever imagine.....

Thanks to all of you for all your help over the years!!! Couldnt have done it with out you...

And of course a special thanks to Chris, who without him, I probably wouldnt have ever smoked a day!!!

Mordechai Stiks;
That was quite an achievement! Congratulations on a VERY successful outing!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back