Pre-built unit?

MattM

Is anyone making / selling a fully assembled unit? I can't solder due to a vision issue and just want to get the unit so I can hook it up to my raspberry pi?

I might be interested in the same. I just ordered an Auber, but this looks a lot more interesting. I can't solder though so would love to check out a pre-assembled unit.

Maybe someone at your local community college or trade school could do it for you? I know there are guys who build up weather kits for others for a reasonable charge.

I've got a couple boards here (2 HMv4.2.4 and one HMv4.0) and think I have all the parts to build them up. I've been thinking lately perhaps I will build them up and sell them here to someone that doesn't want to do the build themselves... I have no idea what the bottom line cost on that should be though, don't even know what the total price for the parts is off hand. Contact me at rotodamper at hotmail.com and maybe we can work something out.....

Last edited:
After Thursday I'll know how long I'm off work for. If it's a week or 2, and I think it will be, I'll take on a couple soldering jobs for those who need it. I'm bored now & have an 80% 4.0 board to work on, might as well do some for others. I won't take payment, we'll work out how to handle parts/shipping.
But I just had brain surgery, so it's at your own risk :D

Now I'm off to plug in the HM & smoke some ribs.....

Do you have all the stuff to build them up John? I am short the display for sure, so maybe you should help these guys out and I will sell the boards I have after I get around to building them up... I'm in no hurry to get rid of them.

I'd be willing to part with my v4.1 + 3D printed case for the cost of the parts + shipping.

The only caveat is that I'm in Canada, so it might be a little bit more in shipping than from someone directly in the US.

@ralph I just sold my last 4.2.4 board that I had made.

The long distance relationship I have been in since 2009 will be arriving in states from Malaysia, in 10 days, so I will be pretty busy the next couple of months.

You getting a new shipment of HM boards? :cool:

david

@ralph I just sold my last 4.2.4 board that I had made.

The long distance relationship I have been in since 2009 will be arriving in states from Malaysia, in 10 days, so I will be pretty busy the next couple of months.

OK, I have 1 more week off work. I will offer 2-3 people soldering services, even if it carries over the week. Send me the parts + a shipping label/$ for a shipping label, I'll ship you a working HM. I have a 4.0, but I'm sure I can do 4.2 (including SMD, i've soldered 0603 components) I also need to fix a few things around here, so it'll give me a reason to get the iron out.

Shoot me a message or email at andysnider11AThotmail.com & we'll work out the details.

Having built a couple I would be happy to assemble a full kit of parts for any UK people interested in a fully assembled unit.

If interested please PM me to discuss.

Jon.

I have a Raspi already, but would like to purchase the rest from someone. I notice Capnbry is in Tampa on Tindie, I'm near there weekly... Anyone else?

I have a Raspi already, but would like to purchase the rest from someone. I notice Capnbry is in Tampa on Tindie, I'm near there weekly... Anyone else?

if you don't mind the wait I could build one in two weeks. I'm going on vacation Friday. Having sold my last 4.2 I could order the stuff now and solder it up when I get back and send it out to ya.

Like I said I have a couple 4.1 ones ready in a waterproof case I could remove the board easily enough, if you just want the prebuilt board

I have a couple 4.2.4 boards partially built up with the stuff I had on hand (including the SMD TC parts), I am short a few of the more costly items like the display, ATMega etc. I had started building them when this thread was posted, a couple people had reached out to me but never got back to me after I detailed the cost of the parts (at my cost) to them. Since I haven't had a serious inquiry I didn't move forward with a parts order to complete these builds. If you are seriously interested in getting a HMv4.2.4 board pre-built with TC pit probe support shoot me an email at rotodamper AT hotmail.com and we can work out a deal. If I work out a deal with someone soon I will order the parts I need to finish the boards and will be able to ship out the board(s) early next week. If I don't have a deal worked out with anyone by end of day tomorrow I am gonna have to shelve this offer for now and wont have time to revisit this or any 3D printing until mid October....

EDIT: Both boards have been sold

Last edited:
Im interested in having a pre-built unit with case etc... I have a Raspberry Pie just sitting doing nothing - if anyone in Canada has one I'm in! PM me!

Back