HeaterMeter project / tindie on hold

Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This past weekend I received the tragic news that my best friend had been involved in an accident and was killed. We've been friends for almost twenty years and it is so devastating when a person you see almost every day is suddenly taken out of your life.

Keith wasn't just my friend he was also my boss for the past 17 years at the small software firm he created. With his passing, the job of running the company now falls on my shoulders. To say I am overwhelmed with the weight of this new situation would be an understatement. I don't see myself having any free time in the immediate future so I am going to need to take a break from the HeaterMeter project until I am able to manage it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be around at all. You've formed a great community though, as I see how many people are helping each other out, so keep up the good work and I'll be back just as soon as I'm not having a nervous breakdown!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Bryan. Thank you for all your work and given us. Best wishes, and I hope things smooth out for ya.

Sorry to hear about the loss. Take the time you need to get things in order and back under control. You have done a great job to get this project where it is today.

Dave

Wow, I heard a news blurb about this incident but never thought it would hit home like this. So very sorry for your loss Bryan. I will do my best to help out people here in the forum while you get a grip on your new reality at work...

I'm really sorry, Bryan.

Reach out for help when you need it, there are a lot of us here who would love to help any way we can. Business decisions, staffing, technical issues, or anything I bet someone can help.

I don't know what to say, but you have my condolences. I just read the article, sounds like he went out with his boots on, at least. I know that doesn't help now, but you can remember the great times. I just got a new lease on life (brain surgery), so I'm gonna say don't forget your friends & family (even the invisible ones). If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, you guys are great. I know it seems a little silly but your sympathies do offer some comfort in a time when I'm wondering when things are going to get any easier.

Thanks, you guys are great. I know it seems a little silly but your sympathies do offer some comfort in a time when I'm wondering when things are going to get any easier.

So sorry for your loss. I know when I have lost loved ones everything seems like it is spiralling out of control, but it gets better.

As well as you run the development of HM, I think there is no better person than you to run the company he created. You make well thought out decisions for the greater good on HM and that is what your company will need too.

I'm so sorry for your loss Bryan. Thank you for all you have done for this project. Just remember; this too, shall pass

Back