New Old Grill

Jake Stuart

I recently found an 18" Weber kettle in a neighbors scrap bin and pulled it out to look it over. It's an older style with (3) 4 hole vents in the bottom of the bowl. Does anyone roughly know the time period these were made. I can post a pic later if desired. I had another 18" (again from a different neighbors scrap bin)(what's with these people) and it had the more recent ash slits and handle for easy cleaning. I'm a little excited to find this kind. Thanks for any information you all may have.

Jake

I recently found an 18" Weber kettle in a neighbors scrap bin and pulled it out to look it over. It's an older style with (3) 4 hole vents in the bottom of the bowl. Does anyone roughly know the time period these were made. I can post a pic later if desired. I had another 18" (again from a different neighbors scrap bin)(what's with these people) and it had the more recent ash slits and handle for easy cleaning. I'm a little excited to find this kind. Thanks for any information you all may have.

Jake

Any luck here with the date code? http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/wsmage.html

Jake, show us some photos of your kettle. Even if its prior to 1979, we can help determine an era for it.

Back