temp logging with original Igrill question

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
I think that one day ( hopefully soon) I will build a link meter but right now I just don't have the time. I do however have the opportunity to purchase a used older model Auber ATC ( the one preceeding SYL-1615SYS, I think) with the 6.5 CFM fan and an original Igrill.

What I would like to be able to do is combine the two, use the Auber to control temps and the igrill as essentially a temp logger. I have a Maverick that I have used and even with the high and low alarms I always wake up wondering if it went too high/too low then corrected itself.
I know that some of the newer igrills have the ability to email yourself the temps as a function of time, but that if you are using IOS and switch to another app the temp recording is lost. What I'd like to do is have the Auber stoke the fire, the Igrill measure pit and meat temps and transmit them ( via bluetooth) to an old Nexus 7. The nexus 7 will likely be plugged in, indoors and set to never sleep. Ill probably still run the Maverick for the alarm function ( i.e the nexus wont be bedside so if it alarms no one cares). then when I'm done, have the ability to open the csv or xls files. If the android app is problematic, I think I can scrounge up an old ipad1 if it helps.

does this seem feasible at all ? thanks in advance.

Back