Need A Spray Bottle That Works

Justin M L

I've tried two different spray bottles for thin liquids with a little bit of spices in them and neither has been up to the task. These liquids are too thin to use something like a silicone brush. Has anyone found one that works? What do the pros use? They don't seem to have any issues. Amazon reviews don't look very promising either.

I'm interested and what others recommend. I have use that cheap ones I've used up all purpose and not the results of looking for.

Spices don't go thru conventional spray bottles or even the heavier ones IME. Steep or brew your spices in the liquid than strain it. The flavor is still there.

Tim

Tim's suggestion is probably your best bet.

About the only way you're going to spray the thin liquid having embedded spices of some size is by using a nozzle that atomizes the liquid after leaving the nozzle. Doing so gets rather expensive since it requires a special nozzle and an air compressor. Here's a manufacture I've used multiple times... for more commercial and industrial uses ;)

Last edited:
You'll never get a spray bottle to spray even ground spices reliably. You may get 1 -2 sprays at best but it will clog the mechanism quickly.

The only ways to consistently spray particulates are to use a venturi type sprayer (like a wagner power painter) or a spinning wheel that collects the liquid and throws it (like a bike wheel through a mud puddle).

I think the mop idea has merit. but straining the liquid thru a coffee filter after steeping (and maybe even heating) the spices sounds good too.

Back