Can you use a 5 cfm blower on a WSM 22.5?

Don R C-Bus

Hi - I've owned a Stoker for a year and have 5 cfm blowers and adapters for both my WSM and my BGE. They are awesome!

I just sold my 18.5 WSM and bought a brand new 22.5. The guys at Rock's BBQ say that a 10CFM fan is recommended for the 22.5. They told me via email that the 5 cfm fan "might" work, but that there would be difficulty in recovering temperatures and getting to higher temperatures (without getting into detail about how high they were talking about)

Question: Has anyone ever done this? Will the smaller fan work or do I need to shell out the additional $120 for a new larger capacity fan? I assume the 22.5 adapter is required because the vent wheels are larger on the 22.5, but if anyone has experience on that as well I'd love to hear about that too.

If I do have to go to the larger fan I would be happy to sell the rig I've got if anyone's interested. Barely used (although I have big plans for the 22.5!)

thanks

don

Don the folks at Rocks are giving you the right info,thats too big a unit for such a small blower

Back