I can't believe I'm asking this...

Ken Chapman

TVWBB Fan
A few months ago I wouldn't of even thought about this, but reading this site has me wanting to take care of/respect my Weber's a whole lot more, so here goes.

Does anybody clean their covers? if so, what do you use? or do you just get a new one when its time?

My covers are still in good operating shape but they are just dirty. I've tried to hose them off but that doesn't do much.

My performer sits under a tree and gets all kinds of gunk on the cover. I use some car wash in a bucket of water and with the cover on the performer wash it just like a car rinse and let dry, works pretty well. The other thing is they fade pretty fast, not much you can do about that.

No cleaning....I figure I will just replace them one at a time when they get to be too big of an eye sore.

All of my grills sit under a carport and they all have covers on them. We live out in the country and everything gets dust and dirt on it. I don't even bother trying to clean the covers.

Wayne

I had to clean my electric BBQ cover last summer after a flock of turkeys defecated all over it. Nasty job. The rest I let nature take its course.

Like TonyR I have used spray cleaner have used Armorall on them if I want them to look really nice and have a day which allows me to waste a lot of time :) These days don't come very often

Get a cover for your covers. Joking aside; I'll just rinse them off, but never wash them with soap. I like the spray idea.

Back