Quick Ribs

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So, had a hankerin for some St. Louie's, picked some up and dressed it, seasoned it with Worcestershire, Three Little Pigs, and Hot Paprika. Going for a quick three hour job due to work constraints

DSC_0570_zps92af7b36.jpg

On the OTG at 325

DSC_0573_zps953d352a.jpg

Held that temp perfect through the cook

DSC_0581_zps2165a260.jpg

Picked up some Baby Sweet Potatoes, peeled, sliced and dressed in EVOO, S&P, some crushed red pepper flakes, brown sugar and topped with some butter in little CI's

DSC_0576_zps53836e38.jpg

About half way through the rib cook, mopped with AJ and ACV, the CI's put on also

DSC_0578_zps1e41e41a.jpg

Last half an hour pasted some Sweet Baby Ray's touched up with a few drops of Sriracha

DSC_0584_zps80fd5f2e.jpg

Pulled at toothpick tender and brought in

DSC_0585_zps39b18369.jpg

On the table with some fresh Jersey Corn, your plate

DSC_0588_zpsbeb21364.jpg

I saw a recommendation for a really good Chilean Wine (Carmenere) it is superb

DSC_0591_zps227b1d6f.jpg

Take care, Bill

Wonderful looking ribs, Bill. I think I'm going to try your sweet potato seasoning also. Looks delicious. My wife and I tried a couple of Chilean wines while we were on vacation. Excellent!

three hours? I don't believe it.

Great pullback, & I do trust your toothpick tender.

Better than I've had in ANY restaurant, that's for sure.

Bill; the ribs and plated food look fantastic! I had some Carménère recently that a friend brought and it was wonderful. It's not widely available and as I understand it, the grape is closely related to Cabernet Sauvignon but is distinctly different. Thanks for posting.

Hats off to you , man. That is a super looking plate. The wine sounds great too.
I see that your top vent on the OTG is just slightly open.... How did you have the bottom vents set? I just bought a OTG and I can't wait to do some ribs.

Frank the bottom was open just slightly less than half, I have the adjustment handle area marked off with marker at closed full open 1/4 & 1/2 increments

Back