The family is complete!

Dustin_P

Well after lots of waiting and watching on CL I found this:

It was a brand new Weber OTG Blue in the box and the best part was I got it for 75 dollars! I bought my first Weber less than 6 months ago (Genesis) and now own three. My wife is starting to think I have an addiction! :)

And finally one with her family in their natural enviroment! Time from some grilled pork chops! :D

Thanks guys! I love it! I figured no time better than the present to grill something! I had some pork chops and corn that was scheduled for the gasser but they met their fate on big blue instead!

I have to say I love the taste of charcoal! :D

I think I need to use a few more coals next time. I used about 50 and it was like grilling Med-Low on the Genesis. Maybe 75 next time.

Dustin,

Great collection, and I mean that sincerely. But if you hang around here any period of time over a month, you'll quickly begin to realize that your collection is never complete. It may be at a certain level at any given time............but complete..????? Never! :cool:

Thanks Tyler! I think you're right! :) I'm just stoked (pun intended) that I now have a gasser, smoker, and a kettle! Life is good!

Oh, dear boy, the family isn't anywhere close to complete. I'm not seeing a Performer or a Smokey Joe in that lineup.

In fact Dave that one is only 5 minutes from me! I'll see how long it lasts on CL... Maybe I'll have a SSP next week. Who knows! My wife thinks I'm crazy... I say smoke on! :wsm:

In fact Dave that one is only 5 minutes from me! I'll see how long it lasts on CL... Maybe I'll have a SSP next week. Who knows! My wife thinks I'm crazy... I say smoke on! :wsm:

Hehehehe. I started out much the same way. I started with Weber Gassers and currently have a Genesis Silver C, a Genesis Gold C and a Summit Gold D. Along the way, I started dabbling in charcoal and picked up a OTS kettle and a Smokey Joe, but just recently picked up a Performer. Gotta say that I'm digging the Performer. Built in table, lid holder and gas assist ? Cha Ching.

That said, if there was a Blue OTG like the one you got, I'd have to go out and get it too.

Hehehehe. I started out much the same way. I started with Weber Gassers and currently have a Genesis Silver C, a Genesis Gold C and a Summit Gold D. Along the way, I started dabbling in charcoal and picked up a OTS kettle and a Smokey Joe, but just recently picked up a Performer. Gotta say that I'm digging the Performer. Built in table, lid holder and gas assist ? Cha Ching.

That said, if there was a Blue OTG like the one you got, I'd have to go out and get it too.

I hear ya! This is the first charcoal grill I've ever owned. I figured I should see how this goes before jumping to the big guns!

I hear ya! This is the first charcoal grill I've ever owned. I figured I should see how this goes before jumping to the big guns!

Well, jump in and start using it. Don't let it sit around for almost 2 years like I did with my first kettle.

The holy trio of outdoor cooking, a smoker, a gasser and a charcoal kettle. But wait there's more! As you will soon discover, resistance is futile just go with it.

Oh ya, your wife is right. Its the beginning of a long happy addiction :)

Love the blue on the kettles, nice addition to the family

Dustin I'd say you have indeed completed the family and a nice looking family it is! :) The very best of luck with all of them. A little advice..... you may wish to cook a few of your wife's favorites. Just sayin'..................

Back