New Mini

Rob (Allentown)

TVWBB Member
New Mini Update: dinner is done

Finished my new Mini today. Its unpainted so you know what it looks like. Right now I have a meatloaf cooking on it for the maiden voyage. Mixture of beef and pork with chopped onio, Gulden's mustard, Worcester sauce, dry rub and wrapped in bacon. Using Stubb's briquettes, pecan and hickory chips. Holding in the 250-260* range.

Last edited:
what pot did you use? The picture looks like you had to mess with the top to get a good fit between the lid and pot. If so how did you do it? I am about to start a build and am worried I will have to mess with the top of my steamer pot to get it to fit. I could not find the vasconia at a decent price so went with the imusa on walmart.com

I used the IMUSA from Walmart. Had to crimp the lid a little with a pair of pliers. Tried to use the same amount of pressure all aroung. Still has a snug fit. Even with a notch for the temp probes there is 0 smoke leakage with the lid on.

I used the IMUSA from Walmart. Had to crimp the lid a little with a pair of pliers. Tried to use the same amount of pressure all aroung. Still has a snug fit. Even with a notch for the temp probes there is 0 smoke leakage with the lid on.

Thanks. My pot should be in Friday! Excited for the build. Any advice you have for a first time mini builder? I am all eyes and ears!

Email notification from Firecraft that my grates will be delivered today. Woo-hoo!!!! No advice really on the build. Just follow the instructions. It's that simple.

The grates arrived. Now have two levels to cook with or the lower grate alone for a turkey. Made another spatchcock chicken yesterday. Simply amazing. Withe the Maverick ET 733 it makes it even easier to cook.

Back