HM case ideas

Gary Graham

TVWBB Fan
I see many have 3d printed cases, and there are threads on that topic. BTW, the 3d printed cases look really good !

While thinking about my HM project I am considering the need for more space, and it hit me that a 3.5" external HDD case would probably work for my application. These cases are typically made from extruded aluminum or plastic and there is a variety of shapes. They seem to be affordable and with some shopping around you may be able to get one with a nice 12v supply.

What do you use for your HM case ?

I had Matt Miller do a case for me and bolted it to a double gang outdoor box which holds the power supply

IMG_20140720_155049.jpg

This is what I use waterproof, can pick them up at WalMart for $8.00 in the camping section.

This design is really nice! Do you happen to have more information about the waterproof connections that you used? I have a hard time finding those

-Michael

This design is really nice! Do you happen to have more information about the waterproof connections that you used? I have a hard time finding those

-Michael

search mcmaster.com for "sealing gland". I've used them on submersible SCUBA lights before with success

This is what I use waterproof, can pick them up at WalMart for $8.00 in the camping section.

Where can I find the pin header wires like you have there. I may just be bad at searching mouser but I can't seem to find them

This last case I changed a little I kept having connectivity issues with the probes and connectors. So this is what I came up with. I do not have a Servo(Cat5) hooked up since this person did not need one.
I mounted the screen with bolts this time:

Probes & Power

Inside:

Probe Pigtail:

Brian let me know if you need any specific pictures.

Back