Ivation & Maverick thermometers with discount

The 733 is a nice unit and typically goes for $70 and at that price, shipping is usually free. What you have to watchout for is how long the "free shipping" is put off. Sometime it can take a month from when the order is placed to when it's shipped, and then shipping is often by the US Postoffice. I can't think of a worse way to ship (actually receive) anything, the UP Postoffice is as bad as it gets

Note: The Mavericks are entry level, you can get state of the art for about $150, depending on use, Mavericks can give up the ghost in a year under "normal use."

As for shipping, that's when Amazon Prime/2-day free shipping helps, although I've never had it take very long with free shipping from Amazon ...when fulfilled by Amazon.

Tell me about state-of-the-art then.

I've seen those (and the myriad others) but they're not really thermometers, though they provide that function as well. Eventually I'd like to have one of those, but I've determined to learn the smoker and how to control it without one of those so that I'm not entirely reliant on one. In the meantime, I need a reliable thermometer, so I wonder if there are any better than the two I mentioned above.

Back