Stock (starting 2014) Weber Grommets

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I purchased the Weber Grommets that now come stock on the WSM's. Does anyone know how big to drill the holes for the Grommets? The real concern of course would be being too big. It appears I could drill 1/16th less than the Grommet diameter, but if anyone knows the exact size, that would be great

TIA

Slide a ruler (or anything that'll fit ...that can be measured later) into the recessed area of the grommet. Multiply that by 2 (for the other side that ought to measure the same). We'll call that $depth. Now measure the width of the grommet. ($width). Now, $width - $depth = diameter of the hole that needs to be cut. Right?

Thanks Wayne!

Glad I asked. I would not have done the X2
I will report back with the size drilled for future reference

I purchased the Weber Grommets that now come stock on the WSM's. Does anyone know how big to drill the holes for the Grommets? The real concern of course would be being too big. It appears I could drill 1/16th less than the Grommet diameter, but if anyone knows the exact size, that would be great

TIA

Sorry Chuck

What do you mean with "that now come stoke on the WSM's"????
Can i buy it like spare part? If yes, where?

Hi Enrico

I bought the grommets directly from Weber; Part # 85037 they are $4.70USD each
Weber charges $7.00USD shipping, so one grommet would cost $11.70 however I bought two for a total of $16.40
I'm not sure what Weber will charge to ship to Italy, but I bet it's more than $7USD, lol
I'm going to drill / install them this weekend and will post photos

Starting in 2014, the WSM's come with the Grommets installed from the factory

Back