iGrill2, will it live up to the hype

JesseG

TVWBB Member
Just got my iGrill2 in today, have a brisket I've been wet aging hoping this thing performs as advertised.

Any feedback from any current igrill2 users?

I was a fan of the original one, still use it. But now the unit just constantly beeps for no reason and when i hit the button to shut it off, it starts beeping again after like 15 seconds. I've learned to tune it out but i'm sure to others its still annoying. I do like the compactness of the igrill 2 though!

99.99 for the igrill2 24.99 for the ambient temp probe. $126 total with tax, free shipping.

Just got my iGrill2 in today, have a brisket I've been wet aging hoping this thing performs as advertised.

Any feedback from any current igrill2 users?

I'll be waiting for your reports. I have the original iGrill and plan on getting the iGrill2 but have wanted to get some better feedback on how it performs. My original still works great and for me has been trouble free. There was talk on their Facebook a while back about coming out with a Wifi app which I think would be nice. Let us know how it works. Give your therms a test in boiling water to see how accurate they are prior to using them.

So i completely got this confused with the iGrill Mini. When you mentioned it was 99.99, i was thinking of the iGrill Mini and thought to myself, wait i thought it was supposed to be cheaper than the original iGrill. Had to do a search on here and found this link on here http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46485-New-iGrill-mini

Still looking forward to your review and thoughts on the iGrill 2!!

I've used 4 times up to now. 3 times on short cooks (about 2/3 hours). Once for brisket session round 14 hours. NO WAY to get the WHOLE grafic dispayed. Only 3 hours by 3 hours. On wensday I'll try again on brisket looking for the whole cooking session dispay.

iGrill3 di BBQness, su Flickr

Maybe I'm wrong but couldn't get any better!

i just got one and it has no range. 30 feet max. with fresh batteries. Absolutely no use to me if i cant be more than 30' away. thats with no walls in between! Im returning mine.

for others interested in this DO NOT BUY!!

Fritz are your negative reviews only because of the close range? The igrill 2 works with your smart phone or tablet so when you refer to range you are talking about the distance your smart phone tablet is from the igrill unit?

I like the idea on monitoring temps wireless. Does anyone else have a product they would suggest with at least two meat probes and an ambient temp probe? Has anybody else had this limited range problem?

Fritz are your negative reviews only because of the close range? The igrill 2 works with your smart phone or tablet so when you refer to range you are talking about the distance your smart phone tablet is from the igrill unit?

I like the idea on monitoring temps wireless. Does anyone else have a product they would suggest with at least two meat probes and an ambient temp probe? Has anybody else had this limited range problem?

Reviews on Amazon are mixed; several complain about poor range, others do not.

-Tom in SoCal

As a reference point: I have the original iGrill and get more than 25 ft from my chair to the grill thru a glass patio door. Works great.

Last edited:
Yes, was not happy due to the fact the range only goes about 35'. Thats not very far. I went through several emails with support at i grill and while they were quite responsive in trying different solutions. the fact of the matter is Bluetooth is the wrong technology to use for a wireless thermometer. It is not meant to have a range of more than 30-40' max. Bluethooth is meant for things like in a car or a headset; close range communication. 99% of anyone that does long 5-6hr or even overnight cooks will be father than 35' away i.e. house work, cutting grass, watching tv etc. if you have more than 2 walls, even within 10', you will loose communication. In that regard this product is an absolute FAIL.

Grant it, it does a nice job mapping your cook temps, but for the most part not practical if you need / want to roam about the house or yard doing projects. i personally am a lot farther than 25' away from the grill with more than a wall between me and the grill.

It has no range and if it did it would drain your battery communicating after a couple hours anyway.

Last edited:
Yup wish I would have known that before spending $125+ on the igrill2. Not to mention been waiting for 3 weeks or so for my "replacement" probes they were supposed to send me after making me CUT my current probes. I went ahead and bout the ET733, works great, I can now smoke in peace

IIRC when I was looking for a remote thermometer the iGrill ones were Bluetooth? That means about 30 foot range, max. Wifi is the only way to go so hopefully they can add that to be competitive with other systems that are.

Back