Weber Spirit E-310 vs 5 year old Genesis Silver

Cain Tran

I currently have a great working 5 year old Genesis Silver and a friend has a Spirit E-310 that is about 2 years old. He wants to sell it to me for $100. I am just wondering how the Spirit performance is compared to the Genesis Silver. Both have 3 burners and specs almost the same so I would think they perform the same. I was thinking of going ahead to buy the Spirit and give the Genesis to my brother. What do you gurus think? Thanks

Cain
Its a line-ball call Your Genesis has an open stand whilst the Spirit is closed in. The spirit will be slightly smaller cooking surface and the metal thickness in the spirit is thinner. The Genesis generally will put out slightly more heat. Both have similar warranties.
Why pay $100 bucks to get what you already have. Save the 100 and put it towards a new Genesis later on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cain Tran:
I was thinking of going ahead to buy the Spirit and give the Genesis to my brother. What do you gurus think? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have your brother buy the Spirit and you keep your Genesis.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I decided to purchase the Spirit and give it to my brother since it's a good price.

Thank you, Phil, your suggestions are always appreciated. I will keep the Genesis and will upgrade to stainless soon.

Back