Saying hello from NorCal

Josh B H

Just saying 'hi' from NorCal - joining the forum since I've had a Weber Genesis gas grill for awhile now and thinking of getting a WSM smoker.

Long-overdue follow-up - just ordered my 22.5 WSM and looking forward to putting it to good use. Honestly the 18.5 is probably a better fit but I somehow couldn't resist...

welcome, from Santa Cruz. and like everyone else said, buy the WSM you won't be disappointed,
the only thing is you'll go broke buying all the meat you want to smoke. Turkeys come out great.

Well, my WSM arrived from Amazon today, well ahead of schedule.

Unfortunately, the box was banged up (left on my porch when I was at work, not that I signed for it or anything, and if I recall correctly the box was even upside-down) ... the top lid is waaay out of round to the point that you can actually see a bit of the top grate from the outside, and even the center section doesn't fit tightly into the bottom section. As well, the door is clearly not close to sealing in air - the sides at the top are about a half inch away from the center section itself (I understand the stock doors don't fit particularly tightly but this seemed more than I expected, but maybe that's normal?).

Anyone have advice on whether I should contact Weber CS, or Amazon (or both)? :mad:

Hello from browns valley, ca. Might want to call amazon first since the pack was clearly damaged and they chose the shipping company. If that Dosen't work then I would call weber cs and see what they can do for you since they pack the boxes. Good luck and welcome!

Just a follow-up and "good news" ... I had contacted Weber CS and after describing a few things things they shipped me out replacement parts, which arrived today and are in fine shape. Weber gets a big thumbs-up for their customer service from me.

My only remaining "issues" are to figure out how to get the grommet seated in the center section, and what tasty meat - ribs are a front-runner right now - to use for my first smoke. :wsm:

Welcome Josh, glad to have another kalifornian.... That's great that Weber customer service replaced the parts. You can't go wrong with ribs, always a good choice

My only remaining "issues" are to figure out how to get the grommet seated in the center section...
You've just got to man-handle that sucker. Here's a photo when I inserting one.

14grommet3-1024_zpswuvstlrr.jpg

Ha! It seemed like a weird combination of manhandling and finesse, but I managed to get the grommet seated after several attempts. Thank you for the encouragement!

Back