App's people are using for a CyberQ?

I have a BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi but haven't got around to using it yet, however, I've got a couple of apps on my iPhone ready for when I do ... check out The Pit Pal and BBQ Remote, both free and in the App Store.

Interested to see how these work. I just haven't had the time to set it up in my router or with the apps. So far adhoc has worked for me, but I want those Alerts, LOL!

I've been using bbq remote so far and it works fine. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have any built in notifications. Ie, you still need to have the email alerts set up for the cyberq to get a heads up if something is going wrong. You can control and change any settings easily through it.

I tried pit pal and didn't like it personally. A little too much setup and info required just to cook for my taste.

There was another one that I found called Guru monitor that looks great and I think would fit the bill excellently, but I couldn't get it to connect to my system for some reason. Think it still needs some development and changes.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody is using something else too that I haven't found.

Oh, and I'm running everything through infrastructure mode and the results mentioned apply to that setting. Haven't tried any of them in adhoc.

Last edited:

Back