Weber Stainless Steel Grate price increase!

Timothy Hoffman

TVWBB All-Star
I originally got a SS grate from Weber back in 2010 for $22.00 The next year I ordered a second one for my other grill. It was $29.99. In 2012 a buddy ordered on for his grill, still $29.99. I went to order one today for another of my grills. $50.80!!!!!!! WTH?! It is stainless steel not gold!

The link to Part #3070784

Nickel has gone up over a dollar/lb. in the last couple of months, so maybe they are getting hit also, and replacement parts are one way to make some of it back up?

From the above post:

The link to Part #3070784

When I click on this link, a message appears on the page saying " We are sorry, but the product you are looking for is not available. "

Is there anybody over there in the States who can confirm if Weber are still currently selling these grills to U.S. customers over the phone, or if they have discontinued selling them.

Living in Australia, I have some difficulty dealing with Weber C.S. over in the U.S. from here.

They don't encourage direct sales to O/Seas customers, or even inquiries for that matter because of their licensing agreements.

The last time I contacted them about buying some smoking wood chips, they immediately referred me back to the distributor in my own country.
The same again when I emailed them.

And when I contacted the distributor in my country about these S/S grills, they said that they've never even existed (very frustrating :mad: ).

Would like to buy a few - not only for my Kettles, but also for my 22.5" WSM.

Hey Pete-

That link comes up as dead for me here in the USA too.

Curiously, though, the top line of the error page that displays when I click it calls it an "enclosed ash catcher" not a grate so I'm wondering if something got honked up.

Have you tried aftermarket parts suppliers or Amazon? I know shipping to Australia can be expensive but it may be worth a look.

-Ton in SoCal

Tom,

Unfortunately, these S/S grates don't appear to have ever been sold outside of Weber.

They appear to have been a well kept secret - I think they were only intended to be sold with the Performer Platinum, or something.

If anybody knows someone else who sells them, I'm quite happy to try them.

But I think it'd be easier to first find out if Weber have simply stopped selling them or not - if they're no longer selling them, it's not likely that anyone else will be.

Tom,

Unfortunately, these S/S grates don't appear to have ever been sold outside of Weber.

They appear to have been a well kept secret - I think they were only intended to be sold with the Performer Platinum, or something.

If anybody knows someone else who sells them, I'm quite happy to try them.

But I think it'd be easier to first find out if Weber have simply stopped selling them or not - if they're no longer selling them, it's not likely that anyone else will be.

Ok, now I understand.

But it is hard to tell from reading this thread exactly what the grills in question look like, or what grill they fit. So maybe a better description would be helpful?

I just ordered and received two last week along with some other parts by calling Weber with the part number for the stainless steel grates.

@ Terry Mo,

Did they ask you for a Serial # from your Weber Grill before they would sell these grills to you ( like a replacement spare part ), or did they just sell them to you as an accessory without requiring any Serial # ?

I just ordered and received two last week along with some other parts by calling Weber with the part number for the stainless steel grates.

I'm guilty of buying 3 of these in the past year or so. I had read Meathead's article on grill grates and searing steaks at http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/guide_to_grill_grates.html and decided to try it.

So.... I called Weber in July '13 or so and ordered a 22.5" SS hinged grate. I think it was $29.99 plus shipping, but I ordered it at a time they were offering free shipping so that was a pretty good deal. I saw another offer for free shipping in Dec '13 and thought I'd get a couple more for another kettle and a spare. At that time it was not shown on their website and CS quoted me a price of something like $59 each. I told them that I had just bought one six months previously at $29.99 and they reduced the price to me over the phone to just over $30 each.

I think the Weber Platinum Performer did come with the SS grate, but now I see at their website that they are plated. But the 26.75" one touch kettle still comes with a SS hinged grate.

Pete, I have a performer which was already registered with Weber. I am not sure if that mattered or not as far as being able to buy the stainless steel grates.

Back