Is there a better 22.5 grate ? WSM

PeterZ

TVWBB Pro
Are there any better grates for the 22.5 WSM. Something little better made, stainless, or just ticker .
The factory grates are just so thin and flimsy.

Peter

If your top grate is the same diameter as a 22.5" kettle (21-1/2") you have some options.

1. Weber used to offer a SS grate...might have to call them

2. Weber "Gourmet" grate uses heavier rod.

3. Stok makes a cast iron grate ($35) but probably overkill for a smoker

Your lower grate is probably a smaller diameter if it's like the 18.5" WSM.
Maybe the charcoal grate from a 26" kettle would fit ?

Someone will be along shortly to verify grate sizes I am sure.

No problems here, even when loaded up with 4 pork butts to a grate, and I doubt my SS grate on my Performer is any heavier. If I'm not mistaken, all the stock 22.5" Weber grates are heavier than the ones from several years back that came on the OTS. That's the only 22.5" grates I'm aware of that I'd personally consider "flimsy", but who knows? You think that's the one that came on your wsm?

If your top grate is the same diameter as a 22.5" kettle (21-1/2") you have some options.

1. Weber used to offer a SS grate...might have to call them

2. Weber "Gourmet" grate uses heavier rod.

3. Stok makes a cast iron grate ($35) but probably overkill for a smoker

Your lower grate is probably a smaller diameter if it's like the 18.5" WSM.
Maybe the charcoal grate from a 26" kettle would fit ?

Someone will be along shortly to verify grate sizes I am sure.

Thank you for the info =)

Peter

No problems here, even when loaded up with 4 pork butts to a grate, and I doubt my SS grate on my Performer is any heavier. If I'm not mistaken, all the stock 22.5" Weber grates are heavier than the ones from several years back that came on the OTS. That's the only 22.5" grates I'm aware of that I'd personally consider "flimsy", but who knows? You think that's the one that came on your wsm?

Im not sure what came with my WSM. I bought it used so who knows.........=)
I like to make double top grate so looking for something more heavy duty.

Peter

The above link now says the product is not available.

Does anyone over there in the U.S. know if Weber have actually withdrawn these from sale ?
Or are they still selling them as a replacement part when people phone up, ( but just not openly advertising them ).

How heavy are these grates plus how much food being placed upon? Unsure how / forget the combined weight limit for the brackets.

Back