Hanger steak

G Dechaine

TVWBB Pro
Hello all,

I got my hands on a nice hanger steak from a butcher. I've really been wanting to try one of these at home. The only time I had one was a few years ago at a restaurant, and I really enjoyed it.

Here's the slide show:
Hanger steak

It was a really nice steak. There's a membrane running through the middle, so I cut two pieces of meat the length of that. Then sliced smaller pieces across the grain. It was a bit chewy, but not in a bad way. And the beef flavour was very good.

I tried rubbing it with a bit of mustard for a change of pace. Didn't really notice it. Oh, and served with baked potatoes and grilled mushrooms. Back to basics has been a theme on this board for a little bit, so this is my contribution.

Nice, makes me want to try one for sure. I've had them at different restaurants around, but haven't grilled one up myself. Now I see why they are served the way they are. I really like the hanger steak at the Standard Tap in Northern Liberties section of Philly.

Nice looking meat.
With a nice piece of meat like that grill it like u did is the way to go

G, welcome to the fan club!

I like to cut them down before grilling. I find the sides end up being different sized logs, and separate I can grill the larger log a bit more that the little one.

btw, where did you end up finding your hangers?

Back