2014 WSM Temp Probe Port

Joe F

TVWBB Pro
For those using the new 2014 Temp Probe Port with cabled probes (i.e. Maverick, etc)...

Looks like it would provide good access to both grates from one location.

What do you think of this location for cabled probes ?

It's ok. You can access both grates. A little bit of a pain if you don't thread the probes before you start your coals (hot grates), but not that big of deal.

Its perfect for the bottom grate in my opinion but I use a grommet for the top grate for now, prob gonna notch it as the notch is very convenient.

I like it. Like Terry said, remember to thread the wires before you put the two sections together.
One other thing I did was I tied a bread tie to the plug end of my food probe. This is so I don't confuse the two probes. One of those quick things to do one time that makes it a little easier to set up.

Its perfect for the bottom grate in my opinion but I use a grommet for the top grate for now, prob gonna notch it as the notch is very convenient.
So coming up through the bottom of the top grate is not working for you ?

I like it. Like Terry said, remember to thread the wires before you put the two sections together.
One other thing I did was I tied a bread tie to the plug end of my food probe. This is so I don't confuse the two probes. One of those quick things to do one time that makes it a little easier to set up.
Good idea to identify the plug ends.

Thanks all for the responses !

Joe F,I run my maverick on the lower grate and my digi Q on the top grate through the grommet. So running all the wires through the port was not really working for me.

Back