MoJoe Griddle

Very interesting, if you need a large flat cooking area I don't think you could find anything bigger. It seems to be well made also.

I like it - going to be very heavy though

I bought a bunch of steel for a project back in 2012, you might look around you: https://www.google.com/search?q=steel+huntsville,+al one steel shop had a bunch of pre-cut sizes of varying thicknesses.

Might be able to just pick up a steel plate that's maybe 24" x 16 or so, and just sit it on your kettle, bolt on or have someone weld on some legs

Last edited:
I may try to make one. I'm afraid I won't be satisfied with anything less than the real McCoy. If I make one, I'll post my results.

I couldn't help but laugh at this video.

Not only is this thing MASSIVE, but through guy makes enough for a small army.

I made my version of the Mojoe. I think the price they are asking for them is fair. If you don't have a welder and a torch you won't save any money making one yourself.

I just finished it last night. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. We are going camping in a couple of days. Hoping to use it a lot.

I think I have watched all the videos of the Mojoe. Loved them all!

I told a friend's wife about the Mojoe several weeks ago. Hope they will look you up. My wife had your site bookmarked. She had almost ordered one for me.

I took several pics of my version. Not sure how to post.

Nice video and product!
As someone pointed out earlier if it had a lip half way around I'd buy this product in a heartbeat. It'll allow me to bank chopped grilled items at the outer edges, when doing tacos, for instance.

This griddle really has my attention. The possibilities are seemingly limitless with one of these. If one isn't fabricated soon, it might wind up on my Christmas list!
Tim

That's it! I'm asking Santa for a Mojo!
I've been looking at the Blackstone gas griddle for a while now, trying to decide if I want YET another gasser and do I have the room for one...Answer to both is not really..
But this Mojo griddle is perfect! Talk about having a Mongolian grill in the back yard!
Hope I can wait till Xmas, to get one....probably not! :)

I was wondering how hot the griddle will get? I remember using the Weber Wok once and wanted to get it hot so I waited a while and when I added the peanut oil to prepare for a stir fry it immediately ignited and got me ridden like a "dime store donkey" as my brothers were in attendance. I like my Wok for it's versatility but I am thinking this could replace it and add so much more.

I have watched a few youtube and was wondering if the recipes were written down somewhere.

Jim,
I recently got mine and wanted to try some things out..after seasoning, I decided to see how the griddle took the heat during a long cook. I went 1hour with it on the propane burner at a pretty high heat. I have to say, this thing is a tank! It really just sat there taking the heat . Really kinda boring as I did this spur of the moment and didn't have anything prepared to cook on the griddle! Try one, I think the versatility and wow factor of these griddles make them a win win for all.
Good luck,
Tim

What a great thread and a great story behind it. Isn't great that we live in a country where one man's idea can become a business for him. Congrats on your success, Cam, and keep up the good work.

edit: dang it, now I have something else to add to my "need" list, er, "want" list....

I'm really seeing the versatility of this idea, and it flows with a lot of what I already own or will own (smart thinking, Cam)

I'm thinking I'd like one sort of custom fit for my gasser in a square model. I've been close to pulling the trigger on a Weber cast iron griddle but I like this idea better. Might be something for later development, huh. It's hard to be everything to everyone, especially when you first start.

Until I was typing this, I was thinking I would like for it to actually hold grease so that when I do smash burger (greasy spoon style) I can keep the mess outside and I also like my bacon to be cooked in grease. However, it just hit me that accumulated grease and an open flame isn't a good idea....even though I do it on the stove.

I've looked at most of your stuff and see the welded nuts for the feet and I really like the removable back. But, what are the welded pieces of what looks like square stock for in a couple pics but then I don't see them in other pics? Just curious...

Last edited:
I found a new use for my griddle. Last night I turned it upside down on my kettle and used it for cooking with a dutch oven. When I finished, I was looking for a place to set the griddle in my garage. There was a Weber Q 220 sitting there on a stand. I raised the lid and found that the griddle sits almost perfectly on my Q! Can't wait to try it this way.

Back