Straight-Walled Pot for Mini

Joe F

TVWBB Pro
Has anyone found a straight-walled pot (as opposed to Vasconia's lower indent) that will work for the Mini ?

Yes, that's the thread that inspired this thread.

My wife ran off with Mr. Vasconia.
I paid him and told him that I didn't want to see him or his pots around here ever again.

;)

Aha. I was going to say that I managed to find one, but being across the Atlantic probably wasn't of much use to you! Sorry!

Also, Russell Y, this guy is a girl... ;-)

Aha. I was going to say that I managed to find one, but being across the Atlantic probably wasn't of much use to you! Sorry!

Also, Russell Y, this guy is a girl... ;-)
That's a perfect looking pot you have there, Sian. beautiful job on that mini !
I cranked up my zoom to 300% and could read Sonex on the label.
After some looking around it seems that they're made in Pakistan with some going to Oz and the UK.
Couldn't find them in the States.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Joe. I must confess I was really pleased how it turned out. I took it for its maiden voyage today and it performed brilliantly. (Will post some pics later.)
I'd read so much about these little things online for the last few years and was desperate to have a go at making one, but finding the right pot caused me so much grief!

That would make sense re: Sonex, the area in London I finally managed to get it in has a big Pakistani community. I'd never heard of the brand before, so I don't think it's a particularly big deal over here either... But was nice and inexpensive, and more to the point, the right size!
At first, I did wonder if the Sonex was going to be tall enough - I've no idea how tall the Vasconia is - but looks like it all worked out in the end.

I hope you have some joy finding your straight-walled pot!

Back