Over night brisket cook

Cee El

TVWBB Super Fan
So, I'd done a brisket before, but not since I bought my 18.5" WSM. The last time, I had way too much meat wasted too. I'd seen lots of flats going for more than $5/lb, but no packers. Then I spotted this: This was right size, right price, and since I have a birthday coming up, I thought what the hey?So, I set out to make a rub using ingredients I already own. I trimmed a good bit of hard fat off the top, but none off the bottom. The whole thing was just under 8 lbs to begin with. I thought about injecting, but I'd already spent enough. I knew onions paired well with beef, so I rub it with onion powder, seasoned salt, brown sugar, and lots of black pepper. I didn't get pictures of the cook, but I threw it on @ 1:24 am and it was done @ 8:40 am. I smoked it over a Kingsford blue/Stubbs mix @ an average temp of 234 degrees Fahrenheit with an estimated 55% cherry chunks, 45% hickory chunks, and 5% scraps from a bag of apple chunks I need to replenish. Here's the final product: I sauced it with Bone Suckin' Sauce: I caramelized some onions in butter, a little cheese, mustard, and a deli roll. Voilà! Wait. I almost forgot the burnt ends: URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/lottcej/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140414_095943_zps638b552e.jpg.html]
20140414_095943_zps638b552e.jpg
[/URL]Thanks for looking.

Looks GREAT!!!! Whats the difference between the two plates of burnt ends?
I only had one jar of sauce between the ends and the slices, so one pan of ends may be a little more sauced than the other. I also placed some of the fat around the edges before the ends went back on the smoker, and I think fat rendered more in one pan than the other. I want to thank everyone for the comments.

Back