How Low Can You Go

Mache

TVWBB Fan
Apologies for the cross post, but I asked on the HeaterMeter forum and thought I ask over here. I am thinking about using my WSM as a holding oven for brisket and ribs and have a HeaterMeter ATC. How low has anyone been able to get a WSM with an ATC?

-- Mache

Apologies for the cross post, but I asked on the HeaterMeter forum and thought I ask over here. I am thinking about using my WSM as a holding oven for brisket and ribs and have a HeaterMeter ATC. How low has anyone been able to get a WSM with an ATC?

-- Mache

Which ATC are you working with?

I use the HeaterMeter discussed on the this forum and described in this wiki. It runs my BBQ Guru 10CFM Pit Viper blower. I also recently installed a Cajun Bandit door and compression latch so my WSM is pretty tight.

-- Mache
I'm not familiar with the Heater Meter, I just did the gaskets,Cajun door and compression latch myself and I'm very happy with how air tight my unit is. I have the digi Q and I know you can set a very low temp for. old smoking.

How low?

Its not how low the ATC can bet set, but how low a temperature the WSM will actually maintain if its tight.

-- Mache

Last edited:

Back