Kari's Grilled Mustard Chicken

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe my wife, Kari, devised. The recipe relies upon mustard instead of tomato based sauce and thus provides a nice change of pace for the grill. It is simple to make and packs a lot of flavor.

Ingredients:
Chicken Pieces
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup stone ground mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
6 cloves minced garlic​

Instructions:
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve about 1/3 of the mixture to use as a basting sauce. Cover the chicken with the mustard sauce and marinate in the fridge for several hours (or overnight). Prep a medium hot fire and grill the bird direct turning frequently until it takes on some color. Move the bird to the indirect side and cover. Cook the bird, basting every 10 minutes or so with reserved sauce, until an internal temp of 170 degrees F is achieved. Serve with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles. I posted a few pics of this process here. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.

Regards,

John​

That sounds like a real winner John. I know the first time I tried a mustard-based sauce (on ribs), I didn't care for it (gotta be nekkid or a tomato-based one or so I thought).

As the meal wore on, I found that I was addicted to it and wouldn't touch the tomato-based one the whole meal.

Good stuff!

Back