Pecan wood smoked bacon

Did a normal batch of bacon as I have before with bobs recipe. Was able to score some pecan wood at HD the other day....5-6 hours around 150-160 on straight pecan wood..... Can't wait to try it...color is Great!

That's not going to be good at all. You don't want to feed that to your family. Just send it to me and I will properly dispose of it for you.

Morning guys! Just wanted to follow up and post the feedback......
ITS AWESOME!! By far my favorite batch to date....prominent but yet refined and almost sweet. I was 100% apple fan before but I think for bacon it's gonna be pecan from now on! We'll worth a try!
RJ, would love to send some but I'm afraid it's spoken for already!

Thanks for sharing. I recently got a bucket of pecan chunks. My next batch of bacon will be smoked with pecan.

Thanks for sharing. I recently got a bucket of pecan chunks. My next batch of bacon will be smoked with pecan.
Lucky guy.... I searched for a while and was ready to order them online. Truly a nice smooth taste.... Maybe it's me but I'm hoping you get the same results...love to hear your feedback when you use it

I'll keep this in mind when I do my first batch.

BTW, Academy Sports near me usually has pecan in stock in various forms (chips, chunks and logs) If you've got one near you, might be worth looking into.

www.academy.com

Back