Weber Gourmet BQ System

B.Lasky

TVWBB Super Fan
Just picked up the System with sear plate. Any pointers on using it? Thought about the Craycroft, but this was available locally.

So far I like the sear grate. Worked perfect for pork chops.
12528985855_bbb365c3bf.jpg
[/url] image by boblasky1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tony,
Are you saying that you have the 'system' grate and griddle, and only want/need the sear grate?

I need the system.
Maribel for our anniversary got me the griddle.
She said that the gourmet system was there but didn't buy it because I already have a grill grate. :(
I showed her the gourmet system and the accessories it comes with.

I need the system.
Maribel for our anniversary got me the griddle.
She said that the gourmet system was there but didn't buy it because I already have a grill grate. :(
I showed her the gourmet system and the accessories it comes with.
Gotcha.
I have an extra sear grate I could have sent you.
The system grate is very nice, and more heavy duty than the regular ones.

I received the gourmet system (gift) without any accessories to use with my wok. Turns out I need to get a bigger wok so I'm now torn with getting a new one or the sear grate first. Do you find that the grate ups the flavor or are you after the fancy grill marks?

I received the gourmet system (gift) without any accessories to use with my wok. Turns out I need to get a bigger wok so I'm now torn with getting a new one or the sear grate first. Do you find that the grate ups the flavor or are you after the fancy grill marks?

I think it does both. Sears the flavor in due to the cast iron and looks good.

I think it does both. Sears the flavor in due to the cast iron and looks good.

Sounds good. My Q has a hard time with searing, it thinks that burning is the same thing so I was wondering how it is working for you.

I have the gourmet system as well. The sear grate is, well, great and I find it easy to care for. I use the griddle a lot for sides like skillet potatoes and vegetables

So far I like the sear grate. Worked perfect for pork chops.
12528985855_bbb365c3bf.jpg
[/url] image by boblasky1, on Flickr[/IMG]

I really am on the fence about this system as it has a couple of things I would love to have the sear grate for one and the Korean BBQ insert for doing Kalbi just like back in Seoul. I may have break down and get one is there a good place to look for deals? Like E bay? or something?

The only thing I would do for the porcelain cast iron is clean it as little possible. Just brush it off when finished and after it's hot for the next cook. Otherwise, the more crud that builds up the better. The more layers that build up, the more protection against chipping and rust. Throwing it in a Smokey Joe while slow cooking ribs or pork butt is a fantastic way to build up layers!

Not using the cast iron grates often enough is the worst thing for them.

You guys will love it. I no longer have my 22 but I like the system so much I used it on the 26 setting on fire bricks turned on their sides. I like SS grate on the 26 but this system is awesome.

I got the grate for Father's Day. I love the feel and size vs the standard grate. I hope to get the ok and sear grate soon.

I used the new searing grate yesterday on some filets. They turned out great, had a nice little sear on them with a little crust. I didn't even have the temp that high, I think it was around 400 when I put them on. Came out a great med rare. Looking forward to using it again. I followed the instructions that came with it and put a little oil on the steaks before I put them on, didn't stick at all.

I used the new searing grate yesterday on some filets. They turned out great, had a nice little sear on them with a little crust. I didn't even have the temp that high, I think it was around 400 when I put them on. Came out a great med rare. Looking forward to using it again. I followed the instructions that came with it and put a little oil on the steaks before I put them on, didn't stick at all.

Paul you are going to force me to get out my dusting check book and buy one of these. I wish they would go on sale or fall reduction.

I just received the Gourmet System with sear grate. I have not tried it yet, but was hoping to see what others say about it..
The system is on sale right now on Amazon for $59.99 free shipping through a 3rd party. Got mine within a week!

Back